email me ·
envia'm un correu
‘In so moche that in my dayes happened that certayn marchauntes were in a shippe in Tamyse
, for to haue sayled ouer the see into Selande
, and for lacke of wynde thei taryed atte Forlond
, and wente to lande for to refreshe them;
And specyally he axyed after eggys
. And the good wyf answerde that she coude speke no frenshe. And the marchaunt was angry for he also coude speke no frenshe but wold haue hadde egges and she vnderstode hym not. And thenne at laste a nother sayd that he wolde haue eyren
. Then the good wyf sayd that she vnderstood hym wel’
—Caxton's Eneydos (1490)
- Salimzyanov, I., Washington, J. N., and Tyers, F. M. (2013) "A free/open-source Kazakh-Tatar machine translation system". Proceedings of MT Summit XIV (to appear)
- Tyers, F. M. (2013) "Feasible lexical selection for rule-based machine translation". PhD thesis July, 2013. Departament de Llenguatges i Sistemes Infomàtics, Universitat d'Alacant, Spain.
- Susanto, R. H., Lasarati, S. D., Tyers, F. M. (2012) "Rule-based Machine Translation between Indonesian and Malaysian". Proceedings of the 3rd Workshop on South and Southeast Asian Natural Language Processing at COLING 2012. (to appear)
- Tyers, F. M., Sánchez-Martínez, F., Forcada, M. L. (2012) "Flexible finite-state lexical selection for rule-based machine translation". Proceedings of the 17th Annual Conference of the European Association of Machine Translation, EAMT12 (to appear)
- Washington, J. N., Ipasov, M. and Tyers, F. M. (2012) "A finite-state morphological analyser for Kyrgyz". Proceedings of the 8th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation, LREC2012 (to appear)
- Martínez-Cortés, J. P., O'Regan, J. and Tyers, F. M. (2012) "Free/open-source shallow-transfer based machine translation for Spanish and Aragonese". Proceedings of the 8th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation, LREC2012 (to appear)
- Tyers, F. M., Washington, J. N., Salimzyanov, I., and Batalov, R. (2012) "A prototype machine translation system for Tatar and Bashkir based on free/open-source components". Proceedings of the Turkic Languages Workshop at the Language Resources and Evaluation Conference, LREC2012 (to appear)
- Pirinen, T. and Tyers, F. M. (2012) "Compiling Apertium dictionaries with HFST and using them in HFST applications". Proceedings of the SALTMIL Workshop at LREC2012.
- Forcada, M. L., Ginestí-Rosell, M., Nordfalk, J., O’Regan, J., Ortiz-Rojas, S., Pérez-Ortiz, J. A., Sánchez-Martínez, F., Ramírez-Sánchez, G. and Tyers, F. M. (2011) "Apertium: a free/open-source platform for rule-based machine translation. Machine Translation 24(1) pp. 1--18
- Tyers, F. M. (2010) "An treiñ emgefreek diazezet war reolennoù evit treiñ ar brezhoneg e galleg". Hor Yezh 262 (Mezheven 2010) pp. 27--39 [Translation by Thierry Fohanno]
- Ginestí-Rosell, M. and Ramírez-Sánchez, G. and Ortiz-Rojas, S. and Tyers, F. M. and Forcada, M. L. (2009) "Development of a free Basque to Spanish machine translation system". Procesamiento de Lenguaje Natural No. 43, pp. 185--197 [slides]
- Tyers, F. M. (2009) "Rule-based augmentation of training data in Breton–French statistical machine translation ". Proceedings of the 13th Annual Conference of the European Association of Machine Translation, EAMT09. pp. 213--218 [poster]
- Tyers, F. M. and Wiechetek, L. and Trosterud, T. (2009) "Developing prototypes for machine translation between two Sámi languages". Proceedings of the 13th Annual Conference of the European Association of Machine Translation, EAMT09. pp. 120--128 [poster]
- Tyers, F. M. and Donnelly, K. (2009) "apertium-cy - a collaboratively-developed free RBMT system for Welsh to English". The Prague Bulletin of Mathematical Linguistics No. 91, pp. 57--66. [slides]
- 24th International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING2012) 8-15 December 2012 -- Mumbai, India
- SALTMIL-AfLaT “Language technology for normalisation of less-resourced languages” at LREC 2012 21-27 May 2012 -- Istanbul, Turkey
- 13th Conference of the European chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics 23-27 April 2012 -- Avignon, France
- International Workshop on Lexical Resources at ESSLLI 2011 August 1-5, 2011 – Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Workshop in Constraint Grammar Applications in conjunction with NoDaLiDa 2011, Riga, Latvia, May 11th 2011
- Second International Workshop on Free/Open-Source Rule-Based Machine Translation, 20th--21st January 2011, Barcelona
IDNA sucks. | Elogi de la ociositat | ¿ Qué es el fascismo ? | La traducció automàtica en la pissarra !
Here are a load of ways not to spell my name: Francis Morton Tyres, Francis Morton Tires, Francis Morten Tyres, Francis Morten Tires, Francis Morten Tyers, Frances Morton Tyres, Frances Morton Tires, Frances Morton Tyers, Frances Morten Tyres, Frances Morten Tires, Frances Morten Tyers. My name is Francis Morton Tyers but usually I just go by Fran.